Monday, January 18, 2010

Something weighing heavy on my heart

This is something that weighs heavy on my heart. It really irks me, angers me, frustrates me, and hurts my heart. What I'm talking about is this movement in the Christian church and in the so called body of Christ that misrepresents who God really is and his word. This movement is what I call the TBN movement (please don't get me wrong, I know God works through TBN and many of the people on there). This movement is moving in a direction that is self seeking, self gratifying.... me me me! You get the point. I am all about faith and trusting in God and positive thinking, but this is just going too far. I actually saw a video of one preacher calling us "little gods"! We are nothing of deity... nothing! I am so sick of hearing these leaders and followers of Christ talk about "Speaking things into existence" and how we as Christians will live in wealth and health and won't ever suffer. These are all lies and will lead those who believe them into despair and heartache and will easily cause many to question their faith. Nowhere in the Bible does God promise such things in this life... what He does promise is to never leave us, that if we trust him to provide he will just as he does for the birds, that if we follow him and believe in His truths and that Jesus is Lord than we will have eternal life with him. I see this movement and these teachers and leaders asking for money and promising that good things will come if you give to them.... Do they not grasp what a joke this is? They drive around in their Mercedes and live in their mansions and claim to be like Christ..... When did Christ ever live this way?! I'm not saying that God doesn't choose to financially bless some, but when I hear these people putting so much emphasis on things and see these people putting themselves on the throne by saying that they have the power to speak things into existence I am angered. I am angered because we are not God. By the Bibles standards we must humble ourselves and come to the realization that we are nothing without him, that we can do nothing without him. In any instance he can stop our breath if he so chooses, cause catastrophic natural disasters, he can give life to a baby. HE is GOD! Were are so meek in comparison. I know that in this movement they use the term "faith" when referring to this "name it and claim it" (as my husband calls it) act, but help me understand this. . . How is it "faith" when we are relying on our own words and fulfilling our own desires. Faith is allowing God to be the potter, the painter, the architect. Trusting that He knows what's best for our lives and following him even through the storms and the fires and the despair. For me personally it's giving him control and realizing that I can't control my circumstances no matter how hard I try. I have these fears of bad things happening to my loved ones and feel the urge to bubble them up or try to control the environment around them... but who am I but a small weak little woman when it comes to all the possibilities of where life could turn and how quickly it could be ended. I am nothing in comparison so I know I must give these fears up to the Lord and trust that he will care for them, for me. And in the end if he chooses to allow my fears to take place than I must trust that he knows best and that I will make it through the storm. (Oh the fears as I write this) I should quit before I get ahead, but want to say in closing that if I come across as arrogant or holier than thou this is far from the truth. I know my place and know that I am powerless with out God. I know that you and I are no different... "For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" I'd like to think myself better then a murderer, but in reality I am no better because I have sin in my heart. I hope you can understand why this upsets me. I do have more to say, but for now God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment